Online Marketing Lesson 3 - Make Money with ClickBank (Avoid Sneaky Vendors who Might Steal your Commissions)

This is one thing all ClickBank affiliates should know before promoting any Clickbank product. This might be one of the reasons you can't make money with ClickBank. It appears that some vendors have found ways to steal commissions from affiliates. Yes, you read it right. Keep on reading and you will find out how.

Note: Keep in mind that this is not the only way you can get your ClickBank commissions stolen.

How I found out about it

I promote between 5 to 10 ClickBank products at once, and usually I get pretty good conversion rate for each of them. However, recently I noticed that one of the products I was promoting didn't convert as well as the others (no sale). I didn't quite understand why considering the amount of hops the product was getting. So I searched the internet for some help. After browsing through numerous articles and forum posts, I started having a better understanding of what was really happening to my hops. I suspected that someone was stealing my commissions! So I went back to the vendor's page, and that's when everything was clear to me.

I realized that some of the visitors I was sending to the vendor's page were actually buying the product, but not through my hoplink. How? Every time a visitor was sent to the vendor's page, an opt-in form offering a discount or free stuff would pop up. The visitor would type in his/her email, and submit the form. The vendor would then send the visitor an email with a link [directing the visitor] to a payment process without my ClickBank code.

So what have we learned from this?

In the first part of my tutorial, make money with ClickBank, I've outlined tips on how to choose ClickBank Products. So, this is a great opportunity to add one more tip to the list: Test products that have opt-in options to make sure you will get the commission when you promote them. But how? There's a simple way to do this. Let's say for example that you find a potential money making product that you want to promote, but the page has an opt-in option. All you have to do is find a promotional article for that product, follow the hoplink (or just follow your own hoplink), and enter the required information preferably using a secondary email address (not your main one). Now open your inbox and check if the vendor has sent you any link to a payment process other than ClickBank. And if it is a ClickBank order page, make sure that the name of the affiliate who directed you to the vendor's page is at the bottom of the page.

I hope this was helpful...Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment